The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some personal thoughts on Black Lives Matter

Go down

Some personal thoughts on Black Lives Matter Empty Some personal thoughts on Black Lives Matter

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Those of you who follow me on Twitter ( @reverantrevan ) or the Church of Equality twitter feed ( @church_equality ) that retweets some of my tweets, will probably know by now that I support Black Lives Matter and very passionatly so.

It is not in my nature to stay silent when faced with injustice.
And given the fact I have suffered quite a lot during my lifetime and have at least a general idea of what it feels like to be treated as less then human, I can sympathize with those who have to suffer such indignities on a daily basis their entire life.

When I look at how black people in America are treated it pains me, it disgusts me, it enfuriates me.
And that brings me to the core of the matter, the reason why I both support and respect Black Lives Matter.

The patience, the dignity, the respect.
Watching these people stay calm when faced with such adversity and willfull ignorance.
The level of restraint is what simply amazes me.

I had the fortune to exchange some thoughts with Shaun King and Deray McKesson, aswell as some other members or supporters of Black Lives Matter.

Such nice people.
How anyone could possibly say they are a threat or a hategroup is just ludicrous to me.
They truly are wonderful and kind people.

The things I still see happening every day horrify me.
But I have to believe it will get better.
For all our sakes.

When one group of people is faced with injustice and we stay silent, we all suffer for it.
Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.
We should learn from our history and not repeat the same mistakes.

I have never once in my life prayed to God.
Until now.
It was a one sentense prayer.
"Please God, let it end."
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some personal thoughts on Black Lives Matter Empty Re: Some personal thoughts on Black Lives Matter

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:27 pm

The most shocking moment for me was the death of Natasha McKenna.
She was tortured to death by 6 police officers, while naked and not resisting even though in the video you hear the police officers say "Stop resisting!".
Her last haunting words: "You Promised You Wouldn't Kill Me".

If that doesn't prove these people, who are sworn to protect an serve, are psychopaths and monsters, then nothing can.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down