The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to Darrius Stewart

Go down

What happened to Darrius Stewart Empty What happened to Darrius Stewart

Post by Reverant Revan Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Source: @nook71715 (#DarriusStewartTruth), the Twitter account run by the mother of Darrius Stewart.

Quote:

This is what happened to my son that Memphis, TN doesn't want the world to know.

An unarmed 19 year old Darrius Stewart was driven to a black church on the night of July 17, 2015 by Memphis Police Department (MPD) officer Connor Schilling & brutally murdered for no apparent reason…
Darrius was in the backseat of a friend’s car when MPD officer (Connor Schilling) & another officer pulled the friend over for a headlight violation.
Instead of just checking the drivers’ license & proof of insurance.
He looked inside the car and asked the passengers for their I.D also, unfortunately Darrius left his I.D at home.

After checking all three young men identification, he assumed Darrius wasn’t who he claimed to have been because he did not have any I.D on him.
The other two young men said that Schilling then, open the back door of the vehicle & snatched Darrius out and stated that he was detaining him.
They said Darrius looked at them & start saying, “I’m scared, and I’m scared.”

They tried to explain to officer Schilling that this happened once before in June of this year.
He was riding with a friend when the Sherriff pulled them over.
Darrius had mistakenly left his I.D at home but the sheriff allowed him to call home and I gave them the number off the I.D over the phone.
They said that it was a person with the same exact name Darrius Stewart with outstanding warrants in different states but his I.D cleared him & he was free to go…

Schilling continued to put him in the back of his squad car with no hand cuffs on.
Darrius’s friends asked Schilling, why was Darrius being detained & was he under arrest he didn’t answer them. They asked him could Darrius give them my number to call me he replied, no.
They also asked the officer what was taking so long, he replied “I’m waiting on the station to get back with me.”
So, they decided to drive around the corner to get me alone with his I.D.
By the time I made it there, all I saw was police cars & yellow tape outside a church not where they said Schilling & the other officer stopped them at.

The police were blocking incoming & outgoing traffic off so fast but I manage to ask one of the bystanders what was going on.
She said, “He shot him for nothing.”
One of the police standing by her started pushing her back & cursing me out.
I went back home and called the Ridgeway precinct.
I spoke to the captain/sergeant and asked him did he know if a Darrius Stewart had been shot.
He said, he did not know because they just called him not too long ago & he was about to go down there.
I called my son’s phone all night & prayed that it wasn’t him.
MPD did not have the decency to let me know that one of their officers had killed my son (Darrius Stewart).

One of Darrius’s friends called me the next morning to tell me it was him.
When we contacted them they were already performing an autopsy on his body.
Schilling intentionally kidnapped my only son (Darrius Stewart) against his own free will by putting him in the back of his squad car pretending to be detaining him without any probable cause.
When the driver & the other passenger drove away, Schilling drove off with Darrius to a different location where he claim he tried to handcuff him & arrest him outside of a black church (New Direction) on Winchester Rd in Memphis, TN…

At night this particular church can be used as a blind spot to commit all types of heinous acts.
Darrius was in the backseat of a car pulled over for a headlight violation when his life was stolen from him by a racist police (Connor Schilling) appointed to protect & serve.
Connor Schilling shot & killed an unarmed defenseless 19 year old teen because of his skin color…
He has been on a suspended leave with pay since he murdered my son.

Check Connor Schilling’s background, he should have never been an officer upholding no laws which you can clearly see.
MPD officer Connor Schilling should be held accountable for the crime that he committed; Murder.
He should not be on payroll, he should be fired & prosecuted for the Murder of unarmed 19 year old Darrius Stewart…
Thank you.

/end quote.

I offered to post this here and Mrs. Stewart agreed.
Qoute:

@ReverantRevan
This is terrible and disgusting. If you wish to share this story on my forum, you are welcome to do so. If you don't want to register, I can post it for you.

@nook71715
Please post it...

/end quote

Stories like this are truly depressing, but unfortunatly also very common.
This must end, for all our sakes.

Last edited by Reverant Revan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

What happened to Darrius Stewart Empty Re: What happened to Darrius Stewart

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:56 am

A piece brought to my attention by @examinereligion on Twitter:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/rhetoricraceandreligion/2015/10/darriusstewart-do-we-even-care.html

This piece shines a broader light on the overall mentality towards these killings.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:43 pm

This happened right around the corner where Darrius Stewart was murdered:
http://wreg.com/2015/10/17/video-shows-memphis-police-officer-continually-beat-suspect/
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Here is the link to the website dedicated to Darrius Stewart, setup by his mother.

http://darriusstewarttruth.com/
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Video of Connor Schilling attacking Darrius Stewart before the murder.

youtu.be/v_rB1xvwor4

Apparently there are other videos but they have been taken down.
If you have one, send it to me and I will post it on the Church of Equality website.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:33 pm

DOJ will investigate July death of Darrius Stewart, an unarmed, black 19-year-old shot by police in Memphis.
http://wapo.st/1O0okHA
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:50 am

Gofundme campaign to raise money for legal costs:
gofundme.com/DStewartsTruth
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin