The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Church Statute explained.

Go down

The Church Statute explained. Empty The Church Statute explained.

Post by Reverant Revan Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:36 pm

If you read the entire Church Stature, you will notice a couple of things.
First, the words "Jesus", "Christ" and "creator" appear quite a lot.
Second, because I have manually translated the entire document, some of the references to bible texts are not in English, but still recognisable enough to know which book it refers to.
Third, it's intensionally vague.

So, let's start with that first one.
In order to avoid having my registration rejected for whatever reason, I have decided to play it safe and register as a splinter- or fringe religion of Christianity.
I was after all raised and educated Roman Catholic, and even though I do not believe in a God as such (you may note the the word God does not appear anywhere in the stature), I am not an athiest either because I do believe in the possibility of a creator, which is why I use that term.
And since I have always maintained that Jesus is a good rolemodel, even if he was just an ordinary human and not really the son of God, which makes me a so-called "Red Letter Christian".

So I follow the teachings of Jesus but I'm a lot less preachy about it then your average Christian, since I don't believe in "converting" people.
I invite and it's up to you whether you want to join or not.

I also want to make it very clear that our church is called the Church of Equality for a reason.
Equality comes before anything else.
It is our one word constitution.

I would therefore never allow Biblical texts to be used as an excuse to discriminate against anyone.
The Church Statute may be the religious law, but the Equilibrium trumps that, since the Equilibrium is the founding document and therefore the constitution of our church.
I wrote the original in 2010 and of course I still have it.

There are a lot of mentions of "holy" and "sacred" etc. in the Church Stature, which is legal coverage.
Without those mentions, there is a change that our claim to be a seperatist Christian church might come into question.

So to summerize:
We do not worship God.
However, since we are an open church which is willing to accept anyone, we shall allow anyone to practice their beliefs within the church community as long as it doesn't interfere with our church.
For example, things like prayers or religious garments are allowed.

If we could fund a church building, we could for instance allow other religions to make use of rooms in that building for the purpose of practising their religion.
Athiests are welcome to, since like I explained before we don't worship God as a church.

So the principles of our religion have not changed, despite of what you see in our Church Stature.
We may be registered as a seperatist Christian religion, but we are still the Church of Equality and equality always comes first.

Last edited by Reverant Revan on Fri May 06, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Church Statute explained. Empty Re: The Church Statute explained.

Post by Reverant Revan Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 pm

So, the translation.
Yes, the original is written in Dutch, because I was born in Holland and since I never obtained US citizenship, my church has to be registered in The Netherlands.

But this is good news for me, since Dutch legal policies towards churches are even more liberal then in the US.
And you thought America was a Christian nation!
No, here in Holland the Christian church has it's own political parties.
Yeah, that's right.
No seperation of church and state here.

So I'm using quite a lot of legal loopholes to get this done, but since I am given no other choices or options to register and actually take some action to promote equality, I believe it is the right thing to do.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverant Revan Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Which brings us to the vagueness of it all.
This is because the Church Statute I have written is basicly a copy of an existing Church Statute of another church founded in 2005.

The vagueness is intentional so a church can basicly get away with anything, as long as you don't commit a federal crime.
After all, it's not diplomatic immunity.

But as a registered church, I could simply incorporate the Revan Foundation as part of my church community, and let the Foundation run the financial aspect, as appointed by me and my inner circle, refered to in the statures as elders / overseers.

That is not their actual title, of course.
It is the reference used in the Bible.
The actual structure of hierarchy will be as follows:

The Patriarch and Matriarch.
The highest ranking man and woman within the church community.
Share an equal amount of power and authority.

The council of elders / overseers.
A group of Ministers (the actual title) either appointed by the Patriarch or Matriarch.

Deacons.
Appointed by a Minister.
Deacons serve as spiritual councelors, advisors, teachers and can appoint Reverants.

Reverants.
Note the spelling.
Reverant means "spiritual leader of the congegration".
Similar to a priest in functionality, the Reverant leads a community within the church community.
This can be in a church or online, since we are a 21st century religion.

Adjutents.
Adjutents are people who have been appointed by the Patriarch or Matriarch, a Minister, a Deacon or a Reverant to be an assistant.
Example: Adjutent-Deacon.

Disciple.
Those who are in training to obtain a specific rank or level.
Example: Disciple-Reverant.

So that's the whole story.
Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.
If you do not wish to register, you can reach me on Twitter ( @ReverantRevan ) or via mail ( churchofequality@gmail.com ).

I will try to answer any questions to the best of my abilities and as soon as I can and use the questions and answers to build up a Q&A database.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum