The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry Wilmore (The Nightly Show)

Go down

Larry Wilmore (The Nightly Show) Empty Larry Wilmore (The Nightly Show)

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:40 am

The first time I saw Larry Wilmore was on The Daily Show.
Jon Stewart and his crew always know how to spot talent and Larry was no exception.
As the "senior black correspondent" he would bring forth racial issues and do so in a way that was honest and direct (or as Larry would call it: keeping it 100) but also funny and fair.

Even then I could see his potential.
The talent, the confidence.
Intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, just, funny, charismatic and just a little bit geeky.
In some ways he reminds me of myself, since I am a science (and fiction) geek too.

When I heard Stephen Colbert was quitting The Colbert Report to host The Late Show, I was sad to see that show end and was worried that it was going to be replaced by something worse.
But my fears turned out to be unfounded, because in The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore has proven to be a worthy successor.

Just like The Daily Show, Larry and his team managed to attract a lot of really talented people to make a really great and funny show, that delivers the same quality material as it's predecessor.
People like Mike Yard, Robin Thede, Ricky Velez, Shabba Banks (Felonious Monk), Rory Albanese, Holly Walker and all the others that contribute to the show have shown the same level of talent and brought the funny even through the most difficult bits, while discussing some truly depressing problems.

Straight from the get-go you could see the dedication the staff and crew of The Nightly Show has brought to the table.
I therefore wouldn't be surprised that in it's first year, The Nightly Show will be nominated for an Emmy.
And rightfully so, I might add.

Larry Wilmore in particular has shown incredible restraint when discussing truly horrifying news stories, that in many ways affect him personally, aswell as many of the people that he works with.
That shows a level of professionalism that goes further then what I have seen from the majority of "real" newsanchors.

Larry Wilmore is therefore not just someone I admire as a comedian, but also a man I respect, and in many ways that is much more important.
Keep keeping it 100, Larry!
You're the man!
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum