The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Stewart (Jonathan Stuart Liebowitz)

Go down

Jon Stewart (Jonathan Stuart Liebowitz) Empty Jon Stewart (Jonathan Stuart Liebowitz)

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:16 am

The now former host of The Daily Show on Comedy Central.
I was so sad when I heard he was leaving, but I know the show will go on and I have faith that Trevor Noah will be a worthy successor.
Jon always attracts the best in the business.

I can't think of a single "correspondent" I've ever seen on the show that was untalented or not hilariously funny.
Every single one of them was great, some even more then that.
The cast, the writers, the producers, the directors, every person (and there are a lot) that worked on that show helped to make it one of the best in the world.

But it goes so much further then that.
The Daily Show showed people from all over the world a side of America most people never got to see.
When you watch the news, most of what you see and hear is terrifying.
The Daily Show allows people in countries like Iran, North Korea and Syria to see a side of America that doesn't want to bomb them or rain death from the sky with drone strikes.

It shows them the better nature of America, the country America could become if more people just admitted that even a great nation can still have problems that need to be fixed.
Admitting you have a problem is not a weakness, because it takes courage to admit your own failings and strenght and conviction to fix those failings.

Trying to improve America is what makes you a patriot, not ignoring serious issues while boasting you're the greatest in the world and everyone else sucks balls.
Jon Stewart is a patriot, because he has the courage to face the facts, present them on television and admit there are problems that need to be fixed in order for America to heal, grow and prosper.

Jon Stewart is a man who truly cares about America and the American people.
A man who knows it's important to have a good relationship with other countries because this strenghtens America, it's image, it's economy, it's influence.
A man who always tries his best to be honest and, dare I say it, fair and balanced.

Jon Stewart is a good man.
A kind man.
A generous man.
A patriot.
So much so that comedians refer to him as "The King of the Jews", not because he is a Jew, but because he has become "the revealer of truth" as some also call him, a prophet if you will.

Thank you Jon, for all the wonderful work you have done.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum