The Church of Equality forum board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Fox News

Go down

Thoughts on Fox News Empty Thoughts on Fox News

Post by Reverant Revan Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:37 am

Everybody knows Fox News is basicly just a propaganda machine for the Republican party, in the same way MSNBC is a propaganda machine for the Democrats.
Personally, I have no problem with that, since this is apparently what their audience wants, everybody knows it and anyone who doesn't like it can change the channel and watch something else.

What I do have a problem with is the narrative used on Fox News.
Here are some examples:

Nazi and Hitler references
Comparing people to Hitler or Nazis is not just childish and stupid, it is also offensive to those who have lost family members in Nazi concentration camps.
Comparing people to Hitler or Nazis also deminishes the conversation.
I can't take people who use those references seriously.

Attacking political opponents
On Fox News they often accuse people they disagree with of being terrorists or in league with terrorists, anti-American, tearing up the constitution, liberal fascists and the list goes on.
Once again, this does not make Fox News look very smart, or "fair and balanced", or professional.
Calling people names is what children do.

Denial of systemic racism
When over 1000 unarmed black people are shot by the police every year, over one million black people are in jail for overwhelmingly minor offences and you have a "justice" system in place that specificly targets minorities and in particular black people and you still intensionally deny the overwhelming amount of hard and obvious evidence, then you are evil.
There is no other word for it.

Now I do realize Fox News isn't the only one doing this, but they are doing it the most. By far.
This does not help their reputation, or anyone for that matter.
I really wish they would stop doing that.
Reverant Revan
Reverant Revan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum